The statistics are there: more than a third of the French population suffers from insomnia and sleep disorders.
However, to be healthy and feel good, you need at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
For some, this figure is an Eldorado.
Have you tried sleeping pills without conviction or results?
Or does this scare you?
Rightly so, they create a phenomenon of addiction.
There is a more natural alternative to sleeping pills to give you a boost and get a more peaceful night's sleep.
These are CBD oils which appeared on the French market as soon as they were legalized on December 29, 2022.
It's still recent, but scientific studies are there to show us the facts: cannabidiol oil works!
Explore with us the benefits of using new treatments for stress and anxiety, and find out how to wisely integrate it into your nighttime routine!
1. What is CBD oil?
Let’s start with the basics and define what CBD oil really is.
A cannabidiol oil is a mixture of two elements: a vegetable oil on the one hand, and cannabidiol extracts from hemp or cannabis sativa.
Very often, it is CBD oil that serves as a carrier oil, because
The concentration differs depending on the oils and brands, for more or less “powerful” or “strong” effects.
To avoid any confusion, let us clarify that this is obviously not the cannabis drug: although they come from the same plant, CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (cannabis) are two different molecules, with effects radically different.
THC is considered a narcotic, considered harmful to health and altering behavior and the state of consciousness.
CBD for its part has relaxing effects allowing you to naturally improve your well-being.
Since cannabidiol is lipophilic, it easily binds to fats. This is why it is mixed with a vegetable oil to be more easily assimilated by the body.
Today, many well-being products containing cannabidiol have been developed: CBD oils, candies, cosmetics, herbal teas, chocolates, etc. Let us know your discoveries in the comments.
2. What are the different types of CBD oil?
There are 3 main families of CBD oil.
They are differentiated by their concentration of THC (cannabis), which current legislation authorizes up to a maximum of 0.3% of the composition, or the presence of other molecules of the cannabis plant with interesting properties.
1st type - Full spectrum CBD oils
These oils contain not only cannabidiol but also other substances from the cannabis plant such as terpenes, flavonoids and THC up to a maximum of 0.3%.
2nd type – Broad spectrum CBD oils
They are similar to full-spectrum oils, except that they contain no THC.
3rd type - Cannabidiol isolate oils
The latter type of oil is particularly recommended for people looking for the benefits of CBD, without other side effects. Cannabidiol isolate oils are made from 99% CBD without the addition of any other ingredients.
3. Understand CBD and its Impact on Sleep
CBD, or cannabidiol, acts on the body's endocannabinoid system (ECS).
This vast network plays a crucial role in the regulation of sleep, stress and anxiety as well as the management of pain and mood.
Preliminary studies suggest that CBD may help improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety.
Due to its stimulation of ECS receptors, CBD has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects that are safe for the body.
4. Choose the Right CBD Oil
The variety of CBD oils on the market can be quite confusing.
And for good reason: since French legislation authorized CBD oils, many brands have launched their products on the market.
When choosing a CBD oil to improve your sleep, opt for a quality product, ideally full spectrum.
Full-spectrum oils contain a wide range of cannabinoids, terpenes and other natural compounds, creating the entourage effect that potentiates the benefits of CBD.
This will increase your chances of sleeping better, faster!
5. Determine the Suitable Dosage
The dosage of CBD oil varies from person to person.
It is recommended to start with a low dose and gradually increase until you find the level that best suits your body.
To promote sleep, it is often recommended to take a dose approximately one hour before bedtime.
Test and adjust!
6. Integrate CBD Oil into your Nighttime Routine
To maximize the sleep benefits of CBD oil, incorporate it into your nighttime routine consistently.
Create a relaxing ritual by taking a few drops of CBD oil under your tongue, then allow yourself some time to relax.
Avoid stimulants like caffeine late in the day and minimize exposure to electronic screens to promote an environment conducive to sleep.
To create your tailor-made evening routine, click here!
Create a Favorable Sleep Environment
CBD oil can be a powerful addition to a set of good habits you implement to promote better sleep.
Be sure to create a conducive sleep environment by maintaining a comfortable temperature, using quality pillows and linens, and avoiding disruptive sources of light and noise.
Sleeping well is our favorite subject, discover here 28 good habits to sleep better .
Observe the Effects and Adjust
Every individual reacts differently to CBD.
Pay attention to the effects of the oil on your sleep and adjust the dosage if necessary.
Some may experience immediate improvement, while others may require an adjustment period.
As with many things, your patience will pay off in the end.
Consult a Health Professional
Before incorporating CBD oil into your sleep routine, it is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional, especially if you are taking other medications.
Although CBD is generally considered safe, it is essential to ensure that it does not interact negatively with other treatments.
Starting your treatment is just a quick phone call to your doctor.
7. Does CBD oil really work?
The effectiveness of CBD (cannabidiol) oil varies from person to person and depends on several factors, such as the reason for its use, the dose, the quality of the product, and the individual reaction of each person. with CBD.
It is important to note that although many people report benefits from using CBD, scientific research into its effects remains ongoing, and results may vary.
8. What are the Benefits of CBD oils?
In this post we mainly deal with the effects of CBD on sleep, but you should know that this increasingly popular oil has other beneficial effects on health, some of which are unexpected and even astonishing!
- Reduction of Anxiety and Stress: Some studies suggest that CBD may have anxiolytic properties, helping to reduce anxiety and stress in some people.
- Pain Management: CBD is studied for its analgesic potential. Many people use CBD oil to relieve chronic pain, joint discomfort, and other pain-related issues.
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD is known for its potential anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful in the management of inflammatory conditions.
- Improved Sleep: Some users report that CBD helps them improve the quality of their sleep by reducing insomnia and promoting relaxation.
- Epilepsy Symptom Relief: CBD has been approved as a medication for the treatment of certain rare and severe forms of epilepsy in children, highlighting its effectiveness in this specific setting.
- Neuroprotective Properties: Preliminary studies suggest that CBD may have neuroprotective properties, which could be beneficial in the context of certain neurological diseases.
- Mood Improvement: Some users report an improvement in their mood after using CBD. Although research is ongoing, CBD may influence receptors in the brain related to mood regulation.
- Reduction of Symptoms Related to Cancer and Side Effects of Chemotherapy: Preliminary studies suggest that CBD may help alleviate some symptoms related to cancer and side effects of chemotherapy, such as nausea and loss of appetite.
- Cardiovascular System Support: Some research suggests that CBD may have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure and improving blood circulation.
- Acne Reduction: CBD's anti-inflammatory properties may help reduce inflammation associated with acne, making it a potential option for skin treatment.
CBD oil can be a valuable ally in your quest for more peaceful nights.
By understanding how to choose the right oil, determine the appropriate dosage and integrate it wisely into your nighttime routine, you can maximize its benefits.
Remember that consistency and careful observation of your reactions are essential.
By combining CBD oil with other sleep-promoting best practices, you can create a nighttime routine that helps you fall asleep more peacefully and wake up feeling revitalized.
Don’t hesitate to share your experiences in comments!